1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New Sound Device

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mirvine2005, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mirvine2005

mirvine2005 Thread Starter

This may sound a bit weird, but i just upgraded from xp home to xp pro, and i had to download all of my drivers. however, my sound device would not take, and didn't work. i will try a second time, but where do i save my audio driver to? Program files?? please help...

2. pinntech

pinntech

Hello and welcome,

I would just create a subdirectory on the C:\ drive, name it DRIVERS, then create another subfolder and name it AUDIO. Put your drivers in there and you will know where they are and later on, maybe a year or so later you won’t wonder what that is!

Yes, do give the installation of the driver a second try. If it does not take the second time, double check that you do have the correct driver for your hardware!

3. mirvine2005

Thanks! I got it. You were a big help!

4. pinntech

pinntech

No, you did all the work! (laughing) Could you tell us (me & the people of the forum) what you did and what the problem was, if possible?

Also, please mark your thread as solved after you do that!

Thanks, you are welcome and have fun!

5. mirvine2005

well, actually i don't think it was extracting the driver to where it needed to go. that's why it wouldn't work the 1st time. I had downloaded to a flash drive from another computer, and then when i got home, i saved it to my desktop, and then clicked the set up icon. it then extracted from there, and now it works fine. i guess i just needed some extra feedback. thanks again.(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice