1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New System woes.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OzGuy1975, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. black-wolf

black-wolf

Try booting and loading windows with 1 stick of RAM. Also, only plug in one of the HDD's.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You might want to run memtest on the system. This runs from bootable media ie flash or CD so no need for an os to even be installed.
    http://www.memtest.org/

3. OzGuy1975

OzGuy1975 Thread Starter

Well, I don't know why it worked, but it did. Removing all but one stick of ram allowed the computer to boot, then a quick BIOS update and a tap on the motherboard memok button (I'd never dealt with it either) and I now have more than just an expensive paper weight, so just wanted to say thank you again to Black-wolf, crjdriver and everyone else who helped out with thissystem. Hope I can return the favour some time.
    Cheers.

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

You're welcome. Glad you got working.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Good job. I would assume the bios update is what fixed it for you. There are a LOT of updates for your board that address both memory and system stability. This is common when a board has a basic design problem; the mfg attempts to fix it with a bios update. Sometimes the update fixes one issue and introduces another issue into the problem requiring another update.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063774