1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New version of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall downloading *really* slowly?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EmmaW, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EmmaW

EmmaW Thread Starter

I'm attempting to download an update for Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall (version 4.3.268) but it's taking a ridiculously long time. The rate it's going I should think it'll end up taking longer than three hours, which is a bit odd since to my knowledge it's not that enormous a program. Should it be taking this long or is something wrong? :confused: The status bar isn't advancing at all and I don't know if there's a better way to do it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Assume it's a Kerio-specific problem because everything else on my broadband connection is fine. I'm running XP.

Thanks. Probably a stupid question.

-Emma

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi could be a busy server..if the status bar isn't moving Id try at another time.
    What size file is downloading?

3. new tech guy

new tech guy

Also could be a down server. Maybe search the net i know other sites like majorgeeks.com will have it on their servers and there pretty good dl site. Maybe try the same update somewhere else online to get it right away or take blues's route. Which is to wait a little bit and try again. Usually up to a week for a companany like that to fix a server.

4. EmmaW

EmmaW Thread Starter

I'm doing it through the updater which doesn't say how big the file is. I'm not sure whether downloading the file from the given location and running it manually would mess things up or not...

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

It shouldnt hurt anything. Maybe the kerio website may have an alternate server if you can download it from there, save it to the pc, then execute the saved file which should start the kerio setup and let you load the patch. Worst case scenario, you reload kerio.

6. EmmaW

EmmaW Thread Starter

This morning I'm getting a download error as soon as I start. Really hoping this is the server and not me. There's no information on the website about duplicate servers, so I'm ringing up technical support.

EDIT: Rang them, they picked up instantly and sorted it out in about five seconds. Someone sent the wrong link to the program out and they've had to email it manually. Fantastic tech support. Woohoo!

Thanks for the advice.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice