1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Newegg question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bruinator, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bruinator

bruinator Banned Thread Starter

For those of you who have ordered LCD monitors from newegg, have you experienced many dead pixels upon receiving from them? Your thoughts.

TIA

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Purchased 36; three have 1 dead pixel each.

Courtney

3. bruinator

bruinator Banned Thread Starter

Come on guys, 1 opinion only.

4. matthew0155

matthew0155

Newegg can go burn in hell!
    *******s don't ship to canada, i dont think they realize that the world doesent just consist of the U.S.A anymore

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't see what the distributor has to do with dead pixel issues. It's the same monitor regardless of where it's purchased.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you buy a viewsonic monitor from newegg, zipzoomfly, mwave or whatever, it is still a viewsonic monitor.

FWIW I have bought three monitors from the egg; no dead pixels.

7. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

I agree with DoubleHelix; it doesn't matter who the dealer is as much as it matters about the brand--unless you suspect mashandling. I buy from NewEgg every month and have no complaints. They have corrected the very few mistakes they made in orders immediately. They have also been quick to correct my mistakes when I made one.

For what it's worth, I think NewEgg is simply a middle-man company. Depending on what type of merchandise is ordered, it can come from about any part of the country. I have had merchandise shipped from New York, New Jersey California, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, etc. And I'm sure NewEgg doesn't have warehouses in all those states.

As for dead pixels, well, NewEgg doesn't make monitors (or hard disks, memory, motherboards or anything else) nor do they open the boxes to check them before they are shipped. I don't know of any company that does.

As for not shipping to Canada, well, that's their choice.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Alex newegg actually used to open motherboard boxes and flash the bios to the latest one IF you were buying a board/cpu that needed the update. They put a note in the box that it was opened and the bios flashed to work with the cpu ordered.

They did this when they were a smaller company so I do not know if they still do however it was a very welcome thing to have done since it would have been difficult to get the board to work with a bios that did not support the cpu.

9. gnuman

gnuman

That's why I usually get my stuff at ncix.com there is also anitec.ca and canadacomputers.com

10. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

crjdriver,

Yes, I can see how they would have that arrangement with the company that actually furnished the board. I still think, though, NewEgg is a marketing company that has pulled together scores of suppliers under one umbrella. I can also see where those same suppliers probably ship merchandise under names other than NewEgg for other marketing companies.

Ever watch the SMC commercials late at night? It's sort of the same thing. SMC is the actual supplier and the shipper when people like you and me are the marketers.

11. matthew0155

matthew0155

I know its not their fault, it DOES NOT change the facts that they are a bunch of jerks... I was making a point, i dont know how none of you understood that...

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The fact that they are not shipping to Canada makes them jerks? How about when I needed something that did not weight much at all cost me $50USD to send to the US? Something that would have cost about $10 here? There are other things that are involved in shipping to other countries, like taxes and customs and delivery issues etc. They don't ship anywhere outside the US for the same reasons.

As to the original question, there could be a bad batch of monitors, but rarely you will see the dead pixels. But if you do get it, you may be stuck with it depending on the manufacturer.

13. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

I used to be in the construction business. There was once a man who filed suit against me because I would not service his very high, very steep and therefore, very dangerous roof. The judge fined him for filing a frivolous lawsuit. Mind you, I had no prior dealings with the man and turned down the job on first sight.

I think the 'burning in hell' comment may have been made by a person of the same mentality.

14. griffinspc

griffinspc

Just the other day I screwed up and didn't save the number of flash drives I wanted, five in the checkout cart, and finished my order which was now one. I called the toll free number and while the woman was on the line she had me place a new order for four more drives and as the order number came up I relayed it to her and she entered free shipping into the system for that order. I got my five drives in two boxes but paid shipping on only the first one.

Newegg, great service! What other company would do that for someone when it was my fault all the way?

15. matthew0155

matthew0155

so, what are you getting at? That there amazing because they don't ship to canada? It is a service that many buisnesses have. I am entitled to my own opinion, you DONT have to like it, its not my fault that they don't like to spread there "great service" around

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice