1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Newegg Shopping Cart not working

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by WonderfulPete, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WonderfulPete

WonderfulPete Thread Starter

Yesturday the Shopping Cart on Newegg stopped working. I did have it working earlier in the day as I had compiled a list of items but when I went back later the cart was empty. I logged back in thinking it would be there but still it was empty. Now whenever I click on "Add To Cart" it takes me to the next screen saying it has added it to the cart but the $ counter in the top right corner stays at $0.00 and when clicking on the cart itself or proceeding to checkout it tells me the cart is empty. It does this whether I am logged in or not.

I tried adjusting the Cookie settings like their site advises but it didn't seem to change anything. They did suggest going into Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level then scrolling down looking for Cookie options (there is no option for cookie listed there). But under privacy I found cookie options and changed it to accept all but still the problem was the same.

The weird thing is that yesturday sometime before the problem started the browser history was somehow erased. Nobody actually went through the steps and cleared the history though. The only actions that were performed between the cart working and not working were photo's being uploaded from a camera and the MyDocuments folder being accessed by another computer on the same network. The other computer on the network has no problems with Newegg's cart but this one - a laptop on a wireless network using XP and IE version 6.0 still does.

There no were adjustments made to the cookies settings nor to any other settings between the cart working then not.

I just upgraded to version 7 to see if it made a difference but things are still the same. I also logged onto Gamespot.com but that site won't get load into their main homepage. The initial screen which displays an advert and says to either wait a few seconds for the next page to load or to click here to skip commercial continually loads. When I click on the skip commercial link it just reloads the commercial page. This has got to be connected to the newegg problem, right?

2. WonderfulPete

WonderfulPete Thread Starter

I guess I should've researched this a little more thorough. My clock was a set to feb' instead of jan' - changed that back and all is well. Doh!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/674691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice