1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No access to bios or boot menu

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mconnelly, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mconnelly

mconnelly Thread Starter

I suddenly have no access to my bios or my boot menu. Any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows Technical Preview, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3909 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1826 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 250621 MB, Free - 120513 MB; E: Total - 208998 MB, Free - 178382 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, EG50_HC_HR
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Laptop model NE56r41u

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Take it that you already tried Esc, F2, F10, F12, Del, Ins, etc... repeatedly during boot up/splash screen.
    If so, next I would shutdown the machine and hold down several keys at once and boot up.
    The intent is to cause a keyboard error to force access to the BIOS. It may work.

3. bozebo

bozebo

In the same vein as CoolBurn, if that doesn't work, try also booting without a keyboard plugged in - this will cause it to throw up an error if it is configured to do so. Another technique is to unplug your hard drive, then it can't boot at all and should request that you insert a boot media or enter the BIOS menu.

4. jaredhk

jaredhk

I assume you have tried Esc and F2... If not press and hold your power button and escape and/or F2.

There are a lot of specs listed about your computer but no manufacturer listed. What is it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice