1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Amazon clips for eager listener on WMP

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by verbalista, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

Hi, experts!
    Well, I have a new computer downstairs now, and it's running Windows Media Center. I'm not using the media center capabilities, because I have no TV connection down here yet. I want to play clips at Amazon.com. I'm running the latest (probably, although there are new builds every 20 minutes) Firefox. I have the same Firefox version upstairs (2.0 something) and upstairs, I can listen to the Amazon clips. I can't do it downstairs, I keep getting the old "missing plugin" message, even though I just downloaded and installed the lastest Windows Media Player on this machine, and restarted. I checked my Firewall, and WMP has both inbound and outbound permissions. So, I have no idea what my next step should be. Please give me a clue! Thanks, Shoshana

2. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

The answer was that you need to download the WMP plugin for Netscape...I'm going to mark this one solved, I finally solved it myself, but, in case anyone else ran into this, I'm leaving the info here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!