1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No audio after a while

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sharma7, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sharma7

Sharma7 Thread Starter

Basically, what happens to me is that my audio goes away after a while. At startup, its working fine, but after a while there is no more sound. When I restart, it works again. So its like a cycle. A cycle that I would like to avoid. Its very annoying that I have to restart my computer after a while to listen to music again..
    I don't know why this happens.
    Why does it happen and how do I fix it???

My sound drivers are installed (I have an integrated sound card). I did not modify any drivers lately, nor did I install any new programs that could affect sound. My sound is turned all the way up, my speaker is plugged in, and when I go to sound options, it detects my speakers as "default device" with a green check-mark by it.. My specs are available if you click the ""computer specs" thing by my username.

2. abc12345

abc12345 Banned

Try and uninstall your sound driver and reboot.+

3. Firebreather

Firebreather

Besides what abc12345 suggested, I'd advice you to check the cables as well.

4. Sharma7

Sharma7 Thread Starter

Never mind, I fixed it.
    It took hours. I did a virus scan just in case, and voila, I found 2 files called svchost.exe and userlib.exe.
    I deleted both, restarted. And voila, it was fixed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice