1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No audio: Movies and music

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Aki13, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aki13

Aki13 Thread Starter

Hi, I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have an HP pavillion 1000tx laptop and I just downloaded the K-lite Mega codec pack because whenever I play a music or a movie file from my laptop, there's no sound. I thought downloading the codec pack would fix the problem, but there's been no change. When I play a DVD, there's sound, but not when it comes from my hard drive. I've tried playing it on WMP, VLC and Quickplay, but still no audio. Help?

2. peck1234

peck1234

Welcome to TSG...

What file type are you currently having trouble playing? What are your system specs?

VLC player plays everything so if you dont hear any sound I can only assume..

1. The File has No Sound

2. Your system is configured to play sound through a different device. (go to control panel sound)

3. Aki13

Aki13 Thread Starter

I thought at first that the file may not have sound ( it was an .avi file), so I tried to play some of my music (both mp3 and mp4) to check if it was just the video; there was still nothing. I have audio when I play DVD's and videos off youtube.

--

okay, I managed to fix the problem somehow, but now my audio jacks don't seem to be working. Argh.

--

Fixed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice