1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error Windows 7

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nickib622, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

Well, this time I did it but good! I was trying to figure out WHY my Stereo Mix was disabled and unable to be "enabled" and I did something that totally screwed up any type of sound from my HP running Windows 7! Now there is the dreaded red X on the speaker icon and the error "No Output Device is Installed" is the error when I hover over it! I have done the audio playback troubleshooting and the error is "audio device is disabled" and when I try to use a specific playback program (Express Scribe), I get the error "Unable to start playback . . . This might mean you do not have a sound card installed or the sound card is being used by another application"

PLEASE HELP! WHAT HAVE I DONE! I NEED TO HAVE SOUND FOR MY WORK! :eek:

2. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

Forgot to post - I am running an HP-P7-1225 with Windows 7 64 bit. Please help!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-3820 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7666 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6550D Graphics, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 936557 MB, Free - 637925 MB; D: Total - 17208 MB, Free - 2110 MB; K: Total - 114472 MB, Free - 23469 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2ACF
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

3. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

So, I am desperately trying to fix this . . . anyone?

Since I posted, I have downloaded the Realtek Driver Version 6.0.1.6873 (dated 03/29/13) from Microsoft for "Realtek Semiconductor Corp."

Still nothing, no sound, same errors. Please, somebody, help!

4. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

Thanks anyway - I was able to do a system restore and the situation is resolved! Thank you Jesus! . . . And I mean just that - thank YOU JESUS! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):):):):):):)

5. replay

replay

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice