1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: no audio suddenly?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by toyarmy, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toyarmy

toyarmy Thread Starter

so, i have an onboard realtek hd sound card. if that matters.
    its been installed, and its worked in the past, but recently im not getting any sound.
    last time this happened, after a restart i simply muted, then unmuted my audio using the generic windows control, and it solved my problems. this time ive tried muting, unmuting, restart followed by muting/unmuting. nothing.
    what could possibly be going on?

2. earcandy100

earcandy100

I've had this issue for the last couple months. I tried re-installing the latest drivers for my motherboard and audio card. Still nothing. I thought that something was physically wrong with my built-in audio card (NVIDIA nForce). Now, I just happened to try adjusting the mixer Master Volume which was previously set to full. I discovered that if I pulled the volume below 40% the volume would kick in! I'm totally confused, but happy I'm finally getting SOME sound out of my computer. See if you get the same results. I'd still like to fix it to normal if anyone has any ideas!

3. toyarmy

toyarmy Thread Starter

yeah. its annoying, i dont understand it.
    ive tried adjusting the volume as you suggested, to various locations. nothing works :(

this forums always so helpful, someone has to have the answers :D

4. toyarmy

toyarmy Thread Starter

ive confirmed that my speakers still work fine.

i have a soundblaster live card. i see no reason to use it, because the onboard sound WAS fine. but if thats what i have to do. then fine.
    i inserted the sound blaster card. found new hardware couldnt find drivers for it. so i downloaded one < i use win xp x64 >. but when i run it, it says it cant find compatible hardware?

so, if someone could please help me either get my onboard sound working, or the SB card, i just want sound :(

thank you.

5. toyarmy

toyarmy Thread Starter

UPDATE: i opened my volume panel, then properties, and checked every option to show up in the volume panel < wave, sub, center, etc.. >
    turns out, the "wave" volume was all the way down < it was not previously on my panel thingy. >
    so, solved.

maybe this will help someone.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice