Solved: No Audio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Singer35

To add to my CD-ROM problem, suddenly I can't hear any sounds. Don't know where to look to see what's wrong.

Any help appreciated,

Singer

Start with the Device Manager and see if the device is recognized there. It should be under "Sound and Multimedia".

If it is recognized, but indicates that the drivers are not installed, you need to copy out the Adapter information for the vendor. Then go to the Vendor's site and find drivers for the model and windows version.

If it isn't recognized and you know the adapter to be an installed card, you may need to shutdown, open up the case and get information about the vendor directly from the card. It may help to remove the card, reboot and then shutdown again and reinstall the card. This may force Windows to redetect it.

You can also try installing Everest Home edition (it's free) and in many cases it will provide necessary information and links to vendor sites.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

Singer35

I got brave and went looking and found how to reinstall the drive and it's working now.
Thanks for replying,

Singer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online