1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Auto Run for D:/???

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by AHarris22, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHarris22

AHarris22 Thread Starter

Running WIN ME. Ran sys. restore due to error messages at Startup, got to 20% and then nothing, no startup screen after that. Took it in for repairs and the guy said all the old files would be gone (games, Internet files, etc.), but they're still there.

Tried installing other programs from their cds, but the auto run feature won't work at all. The D:/ light flashes like it's working and then nothing. Can't get the Start-Run-Browse way to work either.

What could've caused this and how do I fix it???

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'd take it back to the person who repaired it and tell him to fix it........if you feel comfortable opening it, you could check to be sure he plugged the cdrom drive back in.

3. AHarris22

AHarris22 Thread Starter

Yeah, did that. It's fixed now.

Thanks for replying.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice