1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Change/Remove Button in Add/Remove Programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clueless_6, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clueless_6

clueless_6 Thread Starter

My computer has had this problem for quite some time now. When I go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, only the recently installed programs have the Change/Remove button. How can i make this button appear for my old programs as well? Thank you in advance for your help

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

3. clueless_6

hi thanks for the reply. i've already tried that though but the programs i need to remove do not have those entries. i've removed some programs i don't need anymore by locating their setup.exe/uninstaller in program files but adobe cs2 for instance don't have them. is there any other way to remove them manually?

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

5. clueless_6

The programs i need to uninstall are still installed and there are no entries for it in regedit so i can't modify the norepair or noremove values. is there any other way? i've already lost my cd installer so i can't try to repair the programs using the cd.

6. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What are these programs that you want to uninstall?

8. clueless_6

I'm trying to uninstall Adobe CS2 (i installed the whole suite) since it uses up a lot of my computer's space. I'll try the free uninstaller and i'll post again for updates. Thank you!

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is the Suit listed in the add/remove window?
    If so there may be a option in the Suit add/remove to remove the CS2 part only.

10. clueless_6

Well all programs included in the suite (image ready, bridge, photoshop, etc.) appear in the add/remove window although none of them has the change/remove button. I managed to remove it though using the free uninstaller.

It's still a bit annoying when i go to add/remove programs and find no change/remove buttons in old programs but i think the uninstaller will do in case i need to remove something else.

Thank you very much for your help! I'm going to mark this thread as solved then. :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/719229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice