1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] No Desktop Themes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by blactruck, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

Today I decided to change desktop themes,(something I never do). I went to control panrl clicked desktop themes and there were none listed. I them thought maybe I had none loaded, put in my win 98 disk and they showed they were loaded. I uninstalled, reinstalled but they still do not show up when I click on desktop themes in the control panel. When I do a find under files and folders they show up. If I try to open them up and click on them I get the message"C:\Program\Files\ Plus themes. exe caused an acess violationin module unknown at 0155:00000198. See attched message. Can you help me?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. hewee

hewee

DoyceJ,

Well that sucks.
    You can not see the info. with Netscape but it all shows up find in I.E.:mad:

4. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

I tried the 2 things listed on the ms website but nothing helped. I found the regesty entry and deleted it, reinstalled the themes and they still do not show up when I click on desk top themesin the control panel. The only one that comes up is curreny settings. They are also not listed when I go to find> folders>themes. I looked on the WIN98 install disk and can't find them listed on it. Where are they? Any help will be appreciated.

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

blactruck- Still working on it. Patience.

hewee- What are you talking about?

6. hewee

hewee

DoyceJ,

Well I was talking about the page that did not show anything using Netscape and was going to do a screen shot to show you but it shows up ok in Netscape now.:confused:

blactruck,

When you go to control and clicked desktop themes and click on the drop down to pick a theme have a other to pick from? If so you can use it to pick from the themes in your theme folder.

7. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

When I click on the drop down menu the only choice is other. When I click on it there are no other choices listed. I still do not understand the ansewer you gave about seeing it in Explorer and Netscape.

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

blactruck- Hewee was just having link problems with Netscape trying to open the links I posted for you. He thought it was a Netscape problem but it wasnt.

9. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

10. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

I tried the 2nd fix that you suggested in your last post because it most matched the conditions(office 2000 etc.) even though the error messages were not the same. I renamed the file .old, rebooted and I now have all the desktop themes. THANK YOU
    You guys always have come through for me.

11. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Glad to hear it. :)

12. hewee

hewee

blactruck,

Hey great you got it fix.

And DoyceJ answered you about nescape.

DoyceJ,

I guess I jumped the gun about I.E., but you do see more and more sites now days that you need to have your java on and or have I.E. to get into a site.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice