1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No display, No beep, Fan runs then stops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Droo_k6, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

Computer: Compaq Presario sr5610f
    Ok so my mom, brother, and I were cleaning out my room for new furniture. I had left the room for a bit and when I returned my mom said my computer was making a grinding noise and shut it off, I did not care. Later I opened my computer case to clean it out (didn't turn it on after it got shut down) so I cleaned it out then I was looking at the mobo and wondered if what I was looking at a spare pci slot ( I have been wanting a new graphics card) so I asked my dad and he said yes and asked why I had my comp open and I told him I was cleaning it out, then he asked for it set it down and pretty much looked like he was having to struggle with the processor to get it out, he gave it to me to clean and I noticed the pins were bent and my dad broke a piece off a comb and straightened them.
    Here's the problem. The computer starts up the fans go for about 10 seconds then stops. There is no display and no beep codes from the bios.
    Please help I just spent 32 minutes typing this on my iPod touch and my fingers hurt.

2. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Is there any burn marks, Any Broken Pieces .

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    When you put it back together, did you clean the old thermal paste off both the processor and the heatsink then reapply new paste?

4. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

No, the processor came out along with the fan and heat sync

5. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

ok found the problem, cpu wasnt put in right

6. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

well go for you

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice