1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No domain server available-please help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tekgyrl, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tekgyrl

tekgyrl Thread Starter

I would really appreciate any suggestions. My problem is that all of a sudden Windows 98 client computers are not able to log on to the network. This occurred the week after a power outage and the server was off for a few days. After I brought the server back online most computers could log in. But some got this error message:

No domain server was available to validate your password. You may not be able to gain access to some network resources.

I have checked all the cables and hubs, this doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. I have surfed the net about this problem but the only solution I have been able to find is off of the Microsoft website and it only applies to Windows 95 clients.

Thank you in advance,
    Tekgyrl

2. blin

blin

you may need to delete the password on win98. this may help, quoted from http://www.chicagotech.net/noserveravailable.htm
    "No logon server available"

Symptoms: you can ping the server by ip and name but can't map the shared drive by using net use \\ip or \\servername. If you try, you may receive the "No logon server available".

Resolutions: This sounds like cache credential issue. 1) make sure the computers in the same network, the same workgroup/domain and have created the same username. 2) use net to cache the credential. 3) The user profiles may been damaged.

3. tekgyrl

tekgyrl Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the help. I will let you know tomorrow if it worked. :)

Tekgyrl

4. tekgyrl

tekgyrl Thread Starter

It works! Thank you soooo much for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice