1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No downloading

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JTBP, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JTBP

JTBP Thread Starter

What are some of the main causes for this problem? Whenever I try to download something, I click download and my Internet closes immediately. It doesn't download at all.

2. SAMF2000

SAMF2000

Could be a few things but have you checked your system for viruses and or spyware?

3. JTBP

JTBP Thread Starter

I don't think it's a virus because it isn't any slower than it always has been.. I thought of downloading RegCure to be sure but I can't :/

4. JTBP

JTBP Thread Starter

I'm posting this thread to help my girlfriend, apparently there are no programs on her computer to do a virus scan she says. She claims they are all either expired and unusable or were deleted by her mother (which I would believe)

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex

Eset free online virus scanner, a very good scanner, found here: http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/ . Also my opinion, steer clear of RegCure, or any other registry cleaner/enhancer.

6. SAMF2000

SAMF2000

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063579