1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Downloads.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Baldylocks, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baldylocks

Baldylocks Thread Starter

Hello and thanks in advance should you be able to help me.

As of today I have been unable to download anything, when I go to download the page just goes blank and says loading, that is in googlechrome, in explorer I get to the download and it just does nothing, so I thought I would take of my AVG free and try a different antivirus (Avast) from C-net and filehippo, fool that I am, I can not down load either of them, so at present I do not even have antivirus on here,

I have restored my pc
    I have scanned my pc for problems
    emptied history and cache.
    rebooted my router.

I really do not know how to get my downloading back, any help would be appreciated

many thanks

Gerry

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did you use the removal tool for AVG ? just in case its blocking in some way

--------------------------------------------------------------

AVG Removal Tools
    http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

3. Baldylocks

Thank you for this advice, I did not use any tool, I did not know how only uninstall.

I have searched the problem further and I seem to have found the answer, everything now is working just like before and I now have installed Avast antivirus.

My remedy was to right click the explorer icon and run as an administrator, as simple as that but has taken me 4 hours to sort it.

thanks for your kind reply

Gerry

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for letting us know the solution, will be useful for others searching the forum
    (y)

5. Baldylocks

Well here I am again with the same problem, I have uninstalled the Avast antivirus again, and exactly the same problem as before, no downloads happening for me, obviously I have run as administrator as that seemed to work before, when I download page times out, I have no problems browsing the web, only the downloading.

Any setting solutions you may be able to offer me would be very much appreciated.
    Gerry

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  7. Baldylocks

Many thanks for taking the time to offer me the help.
    I got as far as I could, so I called in an expert from the local newspaper, he took quite some time to find out the problem, I am afraid he was so fast I can only explain what he told me, I did in fact have a virus, he told me that in system32, there was something called Lsp.dll was where my problem laid.
    he said that directed my search to where it wanted to go, he took of the file? but could not replace it but was going to email it to me so I could put it back in system32, he called me later and said that lsp.dll was the infection and that I should reinstall it back to factory as he did not have the solution to it then, he was working on it but I didnt want to wait.

I have now reinstalled and everything is so far running ok, I have now got malwarebytes and avast installed.

I hope the lsp.dll information will be of some use to people on here.
    apologies for not replying until now but I have only just got up and running again
    merry christmas to you
    Gerry

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!