Solved: No Firewall Etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

washton

Hi,
I had a virus and now I dont have windows XP SP2 secutity system and firewall. Could you help ?
WALLY.

If you did a repair on you’re system SP2 will need to be reinstalled. Bring up system properties and see if SP2 is there. Go to my network places properties\ advanced and check to see if the firewall is turned on.

Attachments

Can you clarify what you mean by "don't have"?

Do you mean you do not have the options pictured in the above post, or when you try to turn the firewall on you get an error message?

If you don't even have the options present in the Control Panel or Network Connections > advanced for the Windows Firewall -- I think your best bet would be to remove and reinstall SP2.

washton

Thanks Guys. You were spot on. It took a while but all is OK.

Thanks ......Wally.

Great, I'll mark the thread Solved for you, but be advised you can do this yourself in the future by using the Thread Tools menu.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online