Solved: No icon for Network in system tray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blake_lives

Hi Everyone,

I had a few issues getting my ADSL up and running but after calling the ISP and following someone's directions to manually change the DNS or something i can now access the Internet. But there is no icon for the connection in the system tray, like there used to be. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Start-->Control Panel-->Network and Internet connections-->Network Connections-->Right Click your internet connection-->click properties-->scroll down and highlight tcp/ip in the list-->click properties-->down near the bottom check show connections.

DBClark said:
Start-->Control Panel-->Network and Internet connections-->Network Connections-->Right Click your internet connection-->click properties-->scroll down and highlight tcp/ip in the list-->click properties-->down near the bottom check show connections.
Sorry, you can disregard highlighting tcp/ip and properties, the option is available after right clicking your internet connection at the bottom.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online