1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: no internet connection and no devices detected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jimbobwise, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimbobwise

Jimbobwise Thread Starter

The specs for my computer are:

Fatal1ty AN9 motherboard
    1 gig ram
    2.2 dual core athlon 64 processor
    7300gs geforce 256mb nvidia.

I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled windows onto the computer, and now when i try to go on the internet it doesnt even recognize that i have any internet plugged in or devices for the internet to be plugged into.

I installed the abit nforce chipset drivers from the CD i got with the computer and i have tried installing other nforce drivers instead but i'm getting nowhere with the computer recognizing i have ethernet adapters. My computer has two! bloody nora.

anyways i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas how i can get my computer to recognise these, i have tried a lot of things but it's not even showing my adapter under the network adapters or any tab in Device Manager. I am at a loss:<

Please help, Thanks. Jimbob

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, you're at the right place. Are you sure the NIC's are enabled in the BIOS? Once you load the chipset drivers, they should show up in device manager.

My Fatal1ty MB only has one NIC, did I get cheated? ;)

3. Jimbobwise

Jimbobwise Thread Starter

lol :) thanks for your suggestion, you see i never disabled them so i never thought they would be disabled, but that was the problem, without your answer i would be racking my brains for hours but it was so simple, thankyou very much, had trouble all day with my computer because the mouse and keyboard stopped working, and now it's back up and running at full power once again HURRAY!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Glad we could help. Sometimes the hard ones are easy, and the easy ones are hard. :D

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice