Solved: No Mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

toopay

Running OE 6 with SP2, as of yesterday I have not been able to receive mail, I get this message from IE "Your current security setting probibit runnign ActiveX controls on this page as a result the page may not display correctly", I have check all security setting and enabled all activex controls but still no incoming mail.

You can change your security settings by clicking on tools->internet options->security. It should then ask if you want to install the active x controller, but make sure you know what it is before installing it.

toopay

When I not try to receive or send mail I get the message;
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Speakers', Account: 'pop.central.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.central.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Your email could not be delivered at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you are using a new Cox.net email account, please try again in 15 minutes. If you are not using a new email account, visit http://support.cox.com for additional assistance in correcting this issue.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Not exactly sure about all the details of your problem, but look at the following and try this next.

Manual Solution

Open Outlook Express.
Click Tools at the top of the window.
Click Accounts.
Click Add on the right side of the Internet Accounts window.
Choose Mail.
The Internet Connection Wizard will open.
Type your name as you would like it to appear on emails that you send.
Click Next.
Type your email address.
Click Next.
On the next screen there are three items.
Select POP3 selected.
Type incoming mail server. Click Here to find your server.
Type outgoing mail server. Click Here to find your server.
Click Next.
Type in your Account name and Password.
Click Next.
Click Finish to complete the setup.

toopay

Thanks for the help all is well it seems that I have lost all e-mail since 12-29 because somehow my accout name got changed. Thanks and have a bless new year.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online