1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] no monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigh47, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigh47

bigh47 Thread Starter

I have recently got a second user 17"svga monitor. After connecting to my pc there is picture during bios phase but as soon as win 98 should start the monitor indicator goes from green to orange!(standby?)
    The monitor is ok on another pc running win 95.
    My machine is p111 650 with sparkle nvidia graphics accelerator.
    My 15" svga works fine.
    Any ideas

Thanks to whoever for thinking of me as a junior guess i filled the registration form wrong.

2. brianF

brianF

Couple things

You may want to check the manufacturers site for windows drivers for the monitor.

Other thing would be to remove your current monitor in device manager, then shutdown, change the monitors out, reboot, and hopefully windows will recognize the new one and install the correct drivers

3. bigh47

bigh47 Thread Starter

After re setting page size to 640x480 and removing graphics driver. On restart plug and play re installed driver and all was fine.
    I had also got latest driver from manufacturers web site. :) Howard :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice