1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Network Available - LAN card working but cannot connect to network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TK31, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista to it. I installed all the necessary drivers etc. and rebooted. But it still says "You are not connected to any networks" when the light on my router says that i am connected to the home network. It keeps saying to insert a network cable.
    In the devices manager, the network card driver seems to be functioning normally.

Is there a fix for this?

The network card is a Realtek RTL 8111C on-board chip.

Also, ive read somewhere else that USB & 1394 drivers having conflicting effects with lan drivers. I installed an "Intel INF Configuration patch" which contained a crapload of USB Drivers which supposedly "configured properly" the intel motherboard chipsets, but im not so sure about that.

2. By_Rock

By_Rock

Did you assign static ip to your Ethernet card?

3. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

No, but ive configured the card so it accepts any IP given to it by the router, and it seemed to work perfectly fine before i decided to reformat it.

4. By_Rock

By_Rock

Are you using any other computer to connect same router?

5. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

The computer im using now and one other computer are all connected by Wi-Fi so it shouldnt interfere with the wired connections.

6. By_Rock

By_Rock

Try this turn off any other computer, only use this computer. I think they are trying to get same ip address. Use ethernet cord instead of usb cord.

7. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

well... this computer isnt the one having problems. I have 3 computers, 2 wireless networked, and the problem one is wired with ethernet cable. The problem one can't do anything. Its completely blocked off. The internet is provided through LAN so it cant do anything

8. By_Rock

By_Rock

What are using for router? Are you using firewall program on it?

9. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

hmm D-link DSL-G604T. Its got "smart firewall" or "adaptive firewall" or something that lets traffic thru. but i dont think firewall would totally obstruct the pc from accessing the network

10. By_Rock

By_Rock

Are you able to reach your modem settings from this computer? (http://192.168.0.1/). If "yes", are you seeing this computer on modem status page? Sorry if i see the problem i really sure i fix. But i just try to give you some idea.

11. TK31

TK31 Thread Starter

hmm it wasnt that. It seemed to be that the NIC had died. Its all better now. I got myself a PCI D-Link LAN card.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice