1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No option for license back up in windows media 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by marianne, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to windows media 10 but there's no option to back up licensing for music purchased online. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Marianne

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

I don't know what this has to do with license backup. I downloaded and updated but that didn't help. I can't back up the licenses for purchased music.

Marianne

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    No mention of the Media Player number but the article is dated November 17, 2006 ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265473

I just checked and the backup function is in my copy of Media Player version 10.00.00.4036.

5. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

None of the above suggestions helps because there is no "License Management" listed in the tools menu. I can't do a thing about the license management if there's nothing there. Can't restore, update, fix a corruption, etc. I guess I need to revert back to an older version. Searches have not yeilded a clue that I've been able to see yet. Guess I have to keep searching and pray the universe will reward me for persisitance.

Marianne

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    All of the on-line information that I could find says that the license backup tool was removed in version 11 but should still be in version 10. Like you, I could not find any mention of why it would be missing in your installation of version 10.

Hope you have success in rolling back to an even earlier version.

7. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

I would like to revert to an earlier version of Windows Media Player since I haven't found a way to get the liscence option. Any suggestions as to which it should be.

Thanks,
    Marianne

8. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

This situation has been resolved. I backed up all my files and did a system recovery at the recommendation of my computer repair instructor using the recovery disks I created when I first brought my new computer home. Windows media player is version 10 and the licence back up tool is now there. He suggested that after 18 months, windows starts to deteriorate and can be improved by reloading.

Thanks

Marianne

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!