1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No permission to import backed up Outlook folders?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Vinpano, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vinpano

Vinpano Thread Starter

Greetings.
    My old PC was threatening to konk out in a major way, so I made certain to back up all important data before it finally gave up the ghost. The most important data for us is, of course, our email.
    I was running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP for quite a long time. I backed up our Outlook 2002 personal folders as .pst files.
    Our old machine zonked out and today we bought a machine with Vista installed. I have successfully gotten Office XP with Outlook 2003 installed onto the new PC and am now trying to import our old email folders from the backup I made.

Unfortunately, when I try to import the files, I am presented with the following error:

File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file E:\inbox.pst

:eek: I hope that someone here is able to tell me that all is not lost and that I will not have to tell my wife that all of our backedf up email is gone, gone, gone.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

3. Vinpano

Vinpano Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the links - the problem is solved! For some reason, I didn't expect the solution to be so easy. I guess it's like that sometimes, though.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Glad to help - and welcome to the Forum!
    Please use the button at the top of the page to mark this as Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice