Solved: no picture!! need help!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slimguy13

i just got a compaq presario 5000 series and when i turn it on nothing happens so i opened it up and checked video card and it seems to be hot on one of the chips could that be the problem thnxxxxxxx man" i love this forum"

well one way to check would be to take the video card out and use the motherboards onboard video. if you get a picture then id say the video card is your culprit. :)

if you have an extra monitor, or computer, you could try hooking the monitor up to the problematic computer, or hooking up the problematic computer's monitor to the working computer. I have a feeling the monitor is fine, but it is an easy thing to check.

slimguy13

the problem was the motherboard the video card messed the board up thnxxxxxxx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online