1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No picture on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rectifier, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rectifier

Rectifier Thread Starter

I have an old computer that was given to me, it currently has windows 95 on it, I am going to run it as a firewal, but to do this I have to get it to show something on a monitor, I have tested 5 monitors and they all say No Signal Inputer, or just show nothing, I have changed the graphics card out with 2 different graphics cards, and still the same thing, I am going to take the mobo out and clean the case out, and then remount it some time soon, to make sure the motherboard isn't being shorted out, if anyone has any suggestions, or needs any more information please post.

2. Rectifier

Rectifier Thread Starter

I have remounted the motherboard and I still get this problem, anyone have any ideas?

3. Rectifier

Rectifier Thread Starter

I have concluded that the motherboard is dead, and since no one helped at all, I say, SCREW YOU PEOPLE! (just kidding! this place rocks :) )

4. winbob

winbob

Rectumfrier (just kidding :) ),

When you were changing monitors did you use a different cable on at least one occassion?? The cable may be bad?

Also, try placing the card in a different Slot.

5. Rectifier

Rectifier Thread Starter

...that is quite insulting...but still funny as hell, lol

1. I used a different cable for each monitor
    2. I placed the graphics card in all the PCI slots, and I couldn't move the AGP graphics card, since there is only one on the mobo

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!