1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No picture on screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mooml, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mooml

mooml Thread Starter

On one of my older computers, there is no picture coming from the pc. I've tried 3 different monitors and no luck. Any idea what could be causing this?

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

Could be a number of things. First do you hear the machine booting in it's normal sequence? Does it have a separate vid card? Did it work before or just fail?

3. norton850

norton850

Well, you've ruled out your monitor as the problem! Many possibilities here. If everything seems to be running (fans, drives), but no picture then start simple. Open the case reseat your RAM and video card. (Take them out and put them back in).

4. mooml

mooml Thread Starter

It has onboard video. And when i start it up, everything sounds fine. It seems like its starting up regularly... but i haven't used this comp in a few years.

But from what i remember, everything sounds normal.

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

Since you're a collector :D it seems you may have an old vid card laying around too. If so install it and see if you get any result. You can also open the case and see if the connector is damaged in some way.

6. mooml

mooml Thread Starter

Yeah well a friend came over and we were messing around. He knows a bit more than me so we'll just figure it out together. Thanks for your time!! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!