1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No 'Power' tab on USB Root Hub in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hastings, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hastings

hastings Thread Starter

Hi all,

When I would check out 'USB Root Hub' in Device Manager, there would be a 'Power' tab that would list the name of the connected device and how much power it was drawing. Somehow, that particular tab has 'gone the way of the dodo,' and does not appear. Currently, the only tabs I see are General, Driver, Details and Power Management. It would be appreciated if anyone can assist in getting that tab back.

I am currently using XP Pro SP2.

Cheers,
    Mike T.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Try removing the USB hub rebooting and then replacing the hub....

3. hastings

hastings Thread Starter

Hi ozrom1e,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Removing the 'USB Root Hub' entries (4 in my case) in Device Manager and rebooting did the trick. Simple and elegant...

Thanks again! (y)

Cheers,
    Mike T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/707778