Solved: No primary audio channels (main dialogue) when playing DVDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ad3n

When I try to play DVDs on my LG DVD+/-RW, the movie starts playing normally expect the voices are totally gone. All of the background sounds are there, but the main people appear like they're mimicing the silent-movie genre of way back when. Hoping that it was just some of the DVD settings or something, I tried turning them into avi files, but alas, the problem even continued into that on some of them--not all of them for some reason, despite all of their converting options being the same.

I've got no idea what's going on ang thus, no idea how to solve this one. I'm hoping someone's dealt with this and/or knows what to do. If you need any more info on anything, let me know and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just tried installed the new DiVX codec (went from 6.0 to 6.1) and still nothing. The sound card I've got it a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, which hasn't had new firmware/drivers since back in 03, so it's not a new driver problem :-\. And I'm not sure if this may be of some relation, but lately this error has been popping up with WinAmp each time I attempt to load it:

Attachments

It sounds a bit like you have sounds set to a 5.1 system but are missing the front L+R sounds.

Background noises are possibly in the rear channels.

The ones that work may be encoded for 2 channel sound only?

Only if all the "ducks are in a row" driver, codec and compatability wise.

Set it for 2 channel and see if the problem goes away

ad3n

You know, I never even thought to check the setting that my speakers were on. They were set to 'Stereo x2' and after putting them to '5.1', the audio for those movies came in fine. Odd that it ONLY plays on 5.1 though... what happens with those people that only have x2?

Well, thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts