1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Printer Recognition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puppypaws, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

Printer Recognition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My computer seems to not recognize my printer. I uninstalled the printer software and reinstalled on XP Pro SP/3 but with no change.

When you tell it to print it goes to a new screen which says:

"Save The File As"

In the bottom of the new screen it shows "File Name, .xps" and just below that is says, " Save as Type/ xps Document (.xps)

I have never seen this problem and have no idea of what the cause may be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Reid

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I think you have another printer set as default, not sure what an xps file is, could be similar to printing to PDF...either way when you are in your printer menu ( through control panel) make sure your new printer is checked as default, if not right click on it and set it as default.

edit: I see XPS is something from office 2007

3. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

Thank you very much, that was the problem. My wife made fun of me because she said I told you what the problem was and you did not listen. Since I have gotten the new computer I've had to move and change so many things my brained is fried.

Thanks again, I am going to mow grass at this time so my head can become uncluttered.

Reid

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

that's Ok I don't listen to my wife either...gets me in trouble everytime lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice