1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No remove in add/remove

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dingus, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dingus

Dingus Thread Starter

Hi guys. As my tittle says, I have no remove in add/remove in control panel.
    I ain't changed anything that should have done this. Does anyone know of a fix?

2. timothye

timothye

hi do you have a screenshot of thie .. if you click on add/ remove programs in the control panel then you should get a new window with a list of most everything installed on your PC and there you have the opertunity to remove a program(s)
    cheers T

3. tomsxp

tomsxp

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key: (The first one is per
    user, the second, per system)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Unins*t
    all]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Unin*s
    tall]

Create a new DWORD value for the restriction below. Set the value to equal
    "0" to disable the restriction.

NoRemovePage - Disable Change and Remove Programs

You may need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

--

4. Dingus

Dingus Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I was trying to remove Norton from my system, but it had no remove against it. I was going to reload Norton using the original CD when I noticed it had a remove facility.
    Thanks for posting your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice