1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] No Signal - Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by selenev, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. selenev

selenev Thread Starter

PC was working fine until power when out. Now when I turn PC power on it just beeps at me and I get a "NO SIGNAL" msg on the screen. I changed the video card to another slot but it's still doing the same thing. I checked all the cable and connected another montior to make sure but it gave me the same problems. Can anyone help??? Do I need a new video card??? :confused:

2. Mathias

Mathias

This can happen because to much ram is installed or there is a ram error... try removeing each card of your ram seperatly and see if it will boot up.

3. swwelsh

swwelsh

A power surge can take out lots of things, even the whole motherboard and all the cards and drives. What is the sequence of the beeps you get, the sequence can tell you what component is failing. I would agree with Mathias that ram is a likely cause, also try another power supply if you have one. All you can do is minimize the devices in the computer and try to find what is not working. If you get down to mobo, mem, or vid card, you will have to replace them to find out which is bad

4. selenev

selenev Thread Starter

OK - I listened to the beep pattern, double beep followed by 8 short beeps, then 2 short, then 1 short beep.

When I removed the RAM, the beeping stopped but it still won't boot and still get no signal on video.

I removed the LPT and mouse from mobo to see if that might help but nothing.

I removed the network card but still nothing.

I can't try another power supply...don't have one. The CDROM is getting power, the fan, etc. All the right lights flicker.

What do the beeps mean?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

6. selenev

selenev Thread Starter

Thanks guys for all the help. After all the truobleshooting and learning what beeps mean - it was as simple as buying a new video card. PC runs like new! THANKS SO MUCH!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice