1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: no software on my new toshiba for webcam

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by charliekaite, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charliekaite

charliekaite Thread Starter

i have a brand new toshiba satallite pro L450, and i cant find no software on it for the webcam, in the manual it says " Toshiba web camera application is pre-configured to start when you turn on windows 7 (which it didnt) ; if you need to restart it go to - start -> all programs -> TOSHIBA -> utilities -> web camera application" all of this i have donr but when i get into Utilities the web camera application is not there. i have also tried to find it on the system by searching for it in the start menu search bar.. with no luck, its seems that there is just no software on the laptop for the camera.

these are what details i can get about my laptop, but not sure what you need...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42, x64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 766 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics , 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 132617 MB, Free - 115316 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NBWAE, 1.00, 0123456789AB
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Not Updated

please help, as this laptop is a present for my little brothers birthday, and i dont want to give it to him when it isnt set up properly and he cant get on to the camera app thanks :mad::confused:

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. charliekaite

thanks, how can i find out what model my laptop is.. i know its a L450 but its giving me many options like L450-EZ1522... i don't know where to find out what it is. x

4. Squashman

Should say on the bottom of the laptop or the invoice your received.

But it really doesn't matter. It is the same application for all the sub models. The software is not sub-model specific.

Just pick one and download the web camera software.

5. Squashman

Was just looking at the System Specs on that computer. I hope you don't expect your little brother to play high end games on that thing. The Sempron is a low end AMD cpu. Plus you only have a 1GB of ram and the GPU is eating 256mb of it because it is shared memory.

You might want to think about upgrading the RAM to 2 GB's before giving it too him.

6. charliekaite

i doubt he'll be playing many games on it, all he likes to do is surf the net, he'll probs use the desktop for gaming

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice