1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No sound after installing new hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cookie tlc, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cookie tlc

Cookie tlc Thread Starter

I just installed a new hard drive in a toshiba laptop M-55. the old hard drive crashed so I had to start fresh ( not files to transfer) Had the Recovery disk with all of the original drives etc. The hard drive and the new drivers when in with out any problems, expect one. I do not have any sound on the laptop at all.

Things I have checked or tried.

1. Made sure that the sound card was being recognized Yes it shows on the device manager and no yellow question marks
    2. That the speakers were not muted

3. That the volume was up

4. Down loaded new drivers

Any other suggestions???

Thanks is advance

2. biagrin

biagrin

check your BIOS settings

3. Cookie tlc

Could not find it in the bios now what???

4. Cookie tlc

Okay Found the sound card in bios Yeah also found that there was no speakers shown ( clicked on the laptop speakers rebooted and then updated the drivers It works now Yahoo !!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice