1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seikooc, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seikooc

seikooc Thread Starter

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the forums and support, I've used this forum before searching problems, finding solutions. But alas, this is the first time I've not been able to rectify my issue after searching on the forums.

My Spec:
    AMD Phenom Quad core
    Asus m4a79 deluxe
    2GB ddr2 Corsair Dominator RAM
    nVidia GFX card
    Windows 7

There is no sound coming from my computer. There once was sound, but the computer was dormant for 6 months and I replaced the Power Supply, and now there is no sound. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling/updating all drivers. I've tried configuring my audio devices (Currently there are 4 listed: Speakers, RealTex HD Audio 2nd Output, Digital Output(RCA+ Optical) and RealTek Digital Output).

When I play sound, levels are shown going up and down, indicating that the audio devices are aware of the sound, but no matter what speakers I plug in I still don't get sound. I've tried 3 different outputs, 1 of which were headphones, all of which didn't work. I have also tried accessing my PC remotely from my iPad through SplashTop, which plays the sounds from the PC, weirdly.

I don't know what to try now and would appreciate any help or input.

Thanks

seikooc

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I'd suspect a faulty audio chipset. The hardware being recognized and the drivers installing aren't an indication that the hardware is actually functional.

With that being said, try a different version of the RealTek drivers. Try using the latest version available from Asus. If those don't work, try the latest version directly from RealTek.

3. seikooc

seikooc Thread Starter

Used latest version directly from RealTek which seems to have worked, thanks.

seikooc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1016075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice