Solved: No sound at all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

billy18

Hello, I need some help here. I tried Toshiba Virtual Surround on my notebook and sound was totally muted after install. Ok, propably unsupported by my pc. Uninstalled, restarted, and still no sound... Sound device is shown in Device Manager. Even reinstalled my sound device drivers, but nothing! And now my pc doesn't play sound at all.

Before I end up to a format and, hoping that my sound card is alright, any thing that I may missing? Any solution?

My sound card is a VIA Vinyl AC'97 Audio.

billy18

I use Windows xp. Actually I found out what heppened, a second "sound device" was installed in Sound properties. I chose AC'97 audio and now it's ok... Thanks for help!:)

(edit: let me add that Toshiba Virtual Surround is finally working)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online