1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Sound from HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook but Headphone Jack Work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sunshinegirl23, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshinegirl23

sunshinegirl23 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook. All of sudden the speakers aren't working but I can get sound from headphones. I hear chirps from the speakers when I touch the Quickplay buttons but that's the only sound I can receive. Nothing is muted. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? Thanks!!!

2. Gnomad

Gnomad

Could be a sticky headphone jack, try plugging in and removing the headphones a couple of times rapidly.

3. sunshinegirl23

sunshinegirl23 Thread Starter

Wow! That worked. Thanks so much. I was prepared for a 25 post ordeal!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice