Solved: No sound from recorded DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ecjkhes

I bought my wife Adaptec's VideOH multimedia center USB for Christmas. It seems to work fine, TV's great and recording seems to be. She recorded a VHS tape of the family and the video plays back fine on the PC, there's just no sound. I took the disc to the DVD player attached to our main TV and the sound was good. It appears the drive is not set up to play digital sound, which seems strange for a DVD/CD burner. I tried to see if there were any audio settings for the drive by going to Properties from the Control Panel. There weren't. The PC is running XP Media Center, it's an Athlon 64 3400+ with a gig of RAM.

Another audio quirk which may be unrelated: my wife and her sister play games on Pogo (I think that's it). If my wife logs on to the site, she doesn't get sound. If she logs on as her sister (they cheat) she gets sound. That's not a real problem for her, but I put it in as it might be related.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm really confused, where is the missing sound? On the VHS tape, the DVD, or the video clip on the computer? You seem to have managed to get sound on the DVD, or did you?

ecjkhes

The sound is missing when I replay the DVD on the computer. I used at least two programs to replay it and there wasn't sound on either. You are right, it did record as I can get sound through my regular TV/AV system. I think it a setting on the DVD drive, but can't find one. Any ideas?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
In device Manager, under Properties of the DVD reader, select Digital Audio.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online