1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Sound from Sound System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lafnirvana, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

For some reason I am no longer getting sound from the sound system that is hooked up to my PC. And yes everything is connected.

My PC-HP model CQ5700F with Windows 7 Home Premium

Sound System-Boston Digital Media Theater (Analog Input)

Also on back of BDMT is listed: P 7000787
    S 0020644
    Z 9837

I have a feeling that I should be able to fix the problem in Windows "control panel", but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Of course maybe the sound system just died, it is quite old. But before I go out and purchase new speakers I want to see if maybe there is a solution I am missing. Any help appreciated.

2. replay

replay

simple test is to try it on a different computer

3. trogdo

trogdo

Have you tried hooking up your stereo to your phone's headphone output?

4. lafnirvana

Replay, I do not have an extra PC to test speaker system. I did try a different pair of speakers-no sound.

Then I thought to do one more test. I put a CD in PC to play. I do get sound when playing a CD. It's when I am trying to get sound from the web, like youtube videos, that I cannot get any sound.

trogdo-using headphones the same, sound with CD, but no sound from web. That goes for both headphone input on PC and headphone input on speakers.

So still looking for a solution to no sound from web pages.

5. trogdo

trogdo

Your stereo is fine, then. Right-click on the speaker icon in system tray, is bottom right of the desktop on most systems, click on Mixer and see what's going on there.

If all looks well there, have you tried a different browser?

6. lafnirvana

Mixer good. So tried browser. It keeps defaulting to Google (which I loaded a few days ago) even though in "tools" in "internet options" it says that Internet Explorer is the default web browser. Before I loaded Google it used to be IE. How can I switch it back from Google to IE. It seems like that very well could be the source of the sound issue.

7. lafnirvana

Well now IE is showing up as browser. But still no sound.

8. lafnirvana

Solved issue. For some reason 'Mute" was on. How that happened I do not know. Thanks for all your help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice