1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rocker2462, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker2462

rocker2462 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8079 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 122001 MB, Free - 68108 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 800264 MB; E: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 502943 MB; F: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 890996 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8Z77-V
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
    I built this computer recently and I just hooked up a speaker system to it and I am getting no sound out of the left side. I hooked up 2 different sound systems and got the same results on both sets of speakers. I have ran the Windows 7 audio test and the onboard Realtek HD Audio Manager audio test and no sound is coming out of the left channel. All drivers are updated and I guess you could say I'm stuck. Any suggestions would be a big help. Music sounds pretty bad coming out of only 1 side. Thanks for taking the time to help.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Front panel, back panel, or both? If both, I'd suspect a hardware fault. If the motherboard is new, contact the seller or manufacturer and get an RMA to have it replaced.

3. rocker2462

rocker2462 Thread Starter

It seems the problem was with the mobo. After opening the side panel and checking the audio plug connection I heard the left side speaker coming on and off. At first I thought the plug or wire had a short in it, but I noticed when I tried to pull on the plug to disconnect it from the board is when the sound would come on for a second. I determined the screws holding the mobo to the case were to tight, As soon as I loosened the 2 screw's by the audio plug the speaker come on loud and clear. I believe it was grounding out against the metal chassis of the tower causing only 1 speaker to play.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice