1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No sound through monitor speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rbuck, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

Hello

I have a Dell 3847 desktop running Win 8.1 My monitor is an HP W2072a with two internal speakers. I originally hooked pc to monitor with a vga cable and plugged the sound cable into the audio out on the pc. I went through the system check and it recognized the speakers and when I checked for latest drivers it said they were already at the latest. I made surfe speakers on the pc and the monitor were set high. Could not get any sound through the system sound effects tests.

I then hooked the pc up to my desktop external speakers and all was well! So the sound card works! I did not use the audio cable that came with the monitor. Could it be bad? I doubt it.
    e
    Checked with HP support and a not very knowledgeable guy said to get sound I needed to go DVI instead of vga. My pc has only vga and hdmi so I took a cable that went hdmi on the pc to dvi on the monitor and no sound again.

Any ideas?

Rbuck:(

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You've marked your thread as Solved, what was the resolution?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice