1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No sound with HMID cable

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Sarassi, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarassi

Sarassi Thread Starter

Hello,

I have Dell laptop with Windows 7. For the past year, I have been able to use a HDMI cable to display my laptop screen on my tv with full sound. Recently the sound stopped working for no apparent reason. The tv video still receives video, but the sound only plays from the laptop speakers. I know the problem isn't in the HDMI cord.

I have tried restarting my computer and redownloading Realtek sound. I have also looked at the Playback tab in the Sound pop-up window. The only devices shown are the Realtek High Def. Audio Speakers for the laptop, even when I selected show disabled and disconnected devices. All my research online says that should have Digital Output or HDMI devices available, but I don't. What should I do?

Thank you.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    System Restore back to a time before the trouble began?

And yes, you should have an HDMI audio option. It could be an audio driver issue or the hardware is faulty.

3. Sarassi

Sarassi Thread Starter

Well, I'm not sure how that happened in the first place, but system restore seemed to do the job. Thank you very much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice