Solved: no sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wacor

Banned
i picked up a virus on my computer at work. now after reinstalling what i believe is everything i get no sound. if i go into control and look in sounds and audio devices under sound it shows nothing listed yet under hardware there are several things and they all say the drivers are working.

this is a 3 month old Gateway computer i bought at a store. when i first turned it on it says to create back up discs and the discs do not come with the computer. there are 4 discs that came with it. i tried searching for what might be missing and under the device driver the only thing yellow flagged was a PCI - i could not find that on any of the discs. in the device driver i would click on that driver and then install each disc doing a search with no luck. dont know if this missing PCI is part of the issue or not but suspect not as from what i can find it might have something to do with networking?

anyway if anybody has a hint as to what i might be missing it would be appreciated. I would have Gateway try to fix but have a dial up connection and with it just after the holidays figured they would be swamped.

you need to install the sound card drivers.
a make and model # would help to find the right ones for you

wacor

Banned
i kind of figured that but from what i can see they are installed.??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online