Solved: No Sounds on Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

natrob

Hello everyone!

I was erasing unecessary things off my computer and I'm not sure if I accidently erase something that I wasn't suppose to or not. All I know is that my sounds on my computer are not stopped working at all. A few times my computer would say a hardware has been found,but everytime I try to install it, it tells me that the hardware couldn't be found. I went to control panel and my computer says "no active mixer sounds." Nothing happens when I try to update my drivers in the Device Manager. In Sounds and Audio it says "No audio device." My System Restore button won't work either so I can't restore my settings. My computer didn't come with a disk so I can't reinstall the program. I'm not sure if this computer came with a sound card, if it did, I wouldn't know where to look for it. Can anyone tell me if my sound drivers needs to be updated, or could there be a virus on my computer or something. Please someone help me to find what out what happened to my sounds. Thanks

I have a Compaq Presario FS7600
Windows XP Professional.
Model number is SR1503WM

natrob

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! You are a life saver. I really appreciate your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online