1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) no streaming video in Windows MP 9

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by thomasdt12, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thomasdt12

thomasdt12 Thread Starter

I have WIndows XP, latest updates, etc. with Windows MedaPlayer 9. For any Avi, Mpeg, etc. I try to play (I have tried website video, files, etc.) I got no video at all...only sound. I tried adding any Codecs I could find, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

2. mcse72

mcse72

3. thomasdt12

I have done the "pseudo-uninstall" and re-installed it with no luck but will try it again. MediaPlayer 9 appears to not really uninstall though...which is strange.

4. mcse72

mcse72

You don't even need to attempt to uninstall it, which isn't easy to do, since it comes with the OS (I believe its the 7.0 version). Just run the setup file after download, as is. After installation, just reboot, (you'll probably be prompted to do so) for the update to take effect and you should be good to go from there if all goes well.

5. thomasdt12

Ok, I will try it again with your link and see what happens - strangest thing.

6. thomasdt12

Did complete full installation of MediaPlayer 9 with your link. Same results, no matter what I try and play - No Video in MP...any other suggestions ? I can go back an XP Restore Point but would rather not..

7. mcse72

mcse72

Reinstallation of WMP9 to the final release usually does the trick, but in your case it could be related to DirectX. Even if you have the latest version, (DirectX9) you might have corrupted files. Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...22-0B25-4E5D-A584-6389D8A3DAD0&displaylang=en
    and download and install DirectX, no need to try to uninstall the one you currently have. Reboot. If still no luck, go back to the first link a couple of posts above and reinstall WMP9 one more time, again no need to try to uninstall the current one you just installed. Just run the setup file and reboot again. The reason being, is that sometimes you need to install DirectX first if it has corrupted files, then WMP9 second in some cases. Thats why I'm saying, if after you install DirectX and it still don't work, reinstall WMP9 again afterwards.

8. thomasdt12

U the man, DirectX it was - downloaded, installed, rebooted and things play now!!!!

U THE MAN

HAIL THE MAN

!!!!

THANKS

9. mcse72

mcse72

Not a problem, glad it worked out.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice