Solved: no systray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

schnaz

Hi all and thanks for all your help,
While visiting Frank's Windows 95/98/ME Tips at http://9337387.home.icq.com/ under "CTRL-ALT-DELETE when you should use it", I learned that explorer and systray were necessary to make your computer run and you should not shut them down.Nonetheless when i do ctrl-alt-delete it shows no systray running . whyzat? Help I feel naked. john

If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it over.
--Anonymous

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). Make sure that SYSTRAY is checked. Click Apply - OK, then reboot when prompted to.

Actually, only EXPLORER needs to remain in Ctrl-Alt-Delete to run Windows functions. Also keeping SYSTRAY active keeps your taskbar and icons and clock in place.

By the way, thanks for visiting my site. I hope that you're finding it useful.

schnaz

Thanks Frank, I did as you said and now I've got systray.I'm looking forward to going through each of your tips so I can start asking harder questions :) What say we call this one solved john

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome. :)

I'm sure that you'll find a lot of the information there useful. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online