1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No Thumbnail view anywhere

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lovemypeaches, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovemypeaches

lovemypeaches Thread Starter

Hello again...
    I have searched TSG for an answer to my problem and most of the threads are expired.
    Here's my problem. When I open up my pictures there is no thumbnail view to choose from in right click menu, or view settings for the folders. I would like to go to my pictures and see what the pictures are in the preview side but it only shows icons. The choices are Very Large Icons down to content. The only ones that show a preview, I just discovered as I was writing this post, are the .jpg files. Now what? To see my picture is I then have to double click and then the picture opens in which ever program I have set for it to open in. To find a picture I have to open them all up. Do I have to tag all those pictures in order to tell what they are? I'm so sick of this I don't even look for my pictures on this laptop. I have to copy them to a little drive and transfer them to my desktop XP.
    What's with Win 7?
    Please, I would be so grateful if there was a solution.
    THANKS in Advance. Deana

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

Hi,
    Select large icon.
    Click on tools at the top left (if you can't see the menu bar above 'organize' press f10). Select folder options from the drop down menu. Click on the View tab (middle tab between general and search). Make sure the first option in the list is un-checked (always show icons never thumbnails). Hit apply and ok.

Hopefully that should sort it out, post back and let us know

3. lovemypeaches

lovemypeaches Thread Starter

It's SOLVED! Now I can see what the picture is without having to actually open the file. So far it's only jpg files that are previewed. Nothing opens up .psd files or .raf files, though.
    Thank you forever! You all have helped me and I have never had to wait longer than one day for a solution. I'm lucky to have TSG.
    You're so great! All you at TSG are so great! Very Sincerely, Deana

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice